Monday, June 9, 2014

Burned by Tara Sivec is a smokin' hot read!



Seventeen years old when he broke my heart.
Seventeen days later when another picked up the pieces.
Seventeen years together.
Seventeen thousand problems.
Seventeen days of reliving my past and finding a new future.
Seventeen minutes until it all went up in flames.
Seventeen breaths until I took my last.
This is my story…and it’s going to burn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finnley Morgan and Collin McDaniels were high school sweethearts. Until he breaks her heart, dumping her via a note passed through a friend. Two weeks later, Jordan Castillo enters and one look at him and she doesn’t look back. Jordan and Finnley married, and 17 years later, Finn is fed up. She’s tired of his lies, tired of his addictions, tired of his broken promises. 

“His words cut like a knife and he thinks that an apology can staunch the bleeding. He has no idea that these words have piled up until the scars on my heart are so jagged there is no sewing them back together.” 

Needing it all to end, she sends him packing. Jordan doesn’t believe this is permanent, as she’s threatened to leave him before. This time, she really does it. She files for a legal separation and Jordan is served his walking papers.  

Just after kicking JC to the curb, she’s with her friend Seraphina at their old college hang-out. Collin McDaniels is there as well with his friend D.J. Taylor, and Finn and Collin are like magnets to each other - just confirming that they’ve never really gotten over each other. 

“…when you realize that a part of your heart and soul always remained in the hands of another.”

Collin calls her Lee, his old nickname for her, and she melts. The smoldering attraction between them boils over into a raging inferno. They are hot for each other. 

“You’re playing with fire, Lee”
“Lucky for me, you’re a fireman and you can put out the fire”

Unleashed passion from years of longing. When these two finally do get together, they combust. SMOKIN' HOT! 

“Open your eyes and watch” he demands softly… 

Finn is in her happy bubble and Collin is ready to let her stay there. Except, here comes Jordo. He invades their space and causes a scene. While Finn and Collin are finding their way back to each other, Jordon refuses to let Finn go easily. He follows her, threatens her, and eventually, tries to take her away from Collin for good. 


This isn’t just a romantic suspense or erotic book. It’s much more than that. I’ve mentioned before that I love when books make me feel, and let me tell you, I felt a ton in this book! I laughed. I was angered. I was hopeful. I was heartbroken. I cried. At one point, I felt the oxygen leave my lungs, I gasped and was afraid to turn the page. At the same time, couldn’t wait to get to the next word, the next sentence, the next paragraph, the next page. I was consumed. I was so engrossed in this book I lost sleep. I didn’t care. 

While there were some hot and sexy times between Finn and Collin, there was also a great story of a woman seeking and finding herself, her own independence, her own identity, and her own strength. 

“I’m not this woman any more, this woman who sits in silence and lets life happen all around her.”

It was a story about lost love, and love found. It was about passion - for others, for art, and for life. It was about knowing when to say when, when to fold your cards, take your chips, and walk away. It’s about savoring every moment of life you are given, and living that life well. 

I’m a big fan of Tara’s work, and after this, I truly believe that everything she writes is gold. She’s one of the few authors that has made me laugh so hard I snorted and had people sending strange glances my way, and feel the angst all the way down to the pit of my stomach making me want to hurl. When I get the feels, I know it’s good.  While I’m waiting for the third book in the Fool Me Once series to be released (then a review of all three will be posted), I’m also secretly waiting for her to write a sequel to this novel with D.J. and Phina. There’s a story there to tell, and if Tara writes it, you can bet I’ll read it! 

Go get your own copy now! Amazon http://tinyurl.com/p3a3vrf Barnes and Noble: http://tinyurl.com/nvsuyt4
Visit her at www.tarasivec.com, follow her on Twitter, and on Facebook. Her blog is pretty awesomesauce as well - just hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment